20140424

Reflections from Easter Vigil: Part I

This quarter is quickly becoming the craziest one yet. Responsibilities are piling on, quickly overwhelming me. I so much want to sit in quiet and soak up my fresh, new sacraments. Spend more time in prayer. Catch a weekday Mass. But I have a million things on my list. I repeat to myself that God have given me enough time in each day to do what I need to do.

I've been reflecting as much as I can on the Sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation, and Eucharist. Having family visit us over the weekend added to the joy of everything. I've been thinking a lot about how I've converted, turned over. And Easter Vigil was a night of turning over a new leaf. So much healing happened here:


I read this reflection today in a little book I have of Pope Francis's writings, addresses, and homilies. How he talks about renewal really speaks to me.

"The grace contained in the sacraments of Easter is an enormous potential for the renewal of our personal existence, of family life, of social relations. However, everything passes through the human heart: if I let myself be touched by the grace of the Risen Christ, if I let him change me in that aspect of mine which is not good, which can hurt me and others, I allow the victory of Christ to be affirmed in my life."
-Regina Caeli address, April 1, 2013

It is a new life even though my days are cluttered with things drifting along from the past.

0 remarks: