20100312

8 1/2 Years Ago


Dear Blogosphere,

I went through my jewelry tonight for fun. There are a lot of memories in my jewelry box. A grain of rice necklace from my first trip to Washington D.C. with my mom when I was about 9. A necklace with beads that spell out N-A-T-A-L-I-E that I saved my pennies for when I was about 7 or 8. A coral colored necklace from the Nordstroms in San Francisco that my mom bought for me when I was about 11. A birthday present from Jamie in 7th grade from a very cool store at Fashion Place mall - it's Celtic... I was briefly into Celtic knots for a few months. :-D

The charm bracelet above is one of my favorites. In 8th grade, my group of friends each picked out a charm and created a very humorous bracelet (each of us has/had one). My contribution was the spoon.

It's amazing to think about what has happened since 8th grade. I would have never seen any of this coming and I'm sure the other girls feel the same way. Alexa (the green bead), Rahz (the feet), and Sara (the frog) are at the U studying modern dance (A), behavioral science (A), international studies (R), anthropology(S), and English (S). Stephanie (the Celtic knot) is creating incredible tutus and other costumes at RISD. Shahn (the lighthouse) is at BYU studying chemistry. Anna (the sneaker) is serving an LDS mission in SoCal and Margaret (the bell) is making films at Chapman.

Cool.

0 remarks: