20120217

3 Simple Steps to a Happier Life

My younger sister, Ali, posted her three steps to a happier life. I have decided to join her. Here a three things I do to get a little more joy out of my days...


1. Snap a picture. I tend to go through life forgetting to smell the roses. But every-so-often, I see something so beautiful that I know I have to stop and take it in. And to do so, I snap a photo. I started a photo-a-day project to help me smell the roses a little more. You can see the pictures here.



2. Eat vegetables and fruits. Practically nothing makes me feel better than good, healthy, real food. A bag of carrots, a bunch of grapes, an avocado, asparagus with lemon, some heirloom tomatoes... makes a girl feel fresh.



3. Flip through pictures of loved ones. When I can't sleep, I grab my iPad and look at photos of Sean, my siblings, or Daphne. It just makes me feel like all is well in the world.

So... what are your three?

2 remarks:

Elissa said...

My three: spend time with my pets; take a walk; buy flowers

Emily said...

Here are my three: take more photographs, eat more fruit and take more walks.