20100208

Scholarly Sunday - Schiesse

Pardon my French, but that's the only title that comes to mind!

I am the discussion leader in about 10 hours on a paper about mouse models of autism. It was actually boring... and didn't really talk at all about autistic mice. It was just reporting on a development of a method.

I feel like my discussion questions suck... and now I am questioning if I even have a clue about what happened in this paper... and I am feeling all queasy and my heart's pounding and I can feel the rogue antibodies hacking away at my thyroid.

AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Fortunately, it's not all on my shoulders. It is a discussion, not a presentation. But the group isn't very chatty so if my questions suck then all we'll hear is crickets.

I wish I could go back to a time and a place when I understood things and felt certain in what I thought. But now I don't know what I think and I have difficulty trusting my eyes and my brain.

I would really like this quarter to be over.

-Natalie

0 remarks: