20120606

Cruisin' for a Bruisin'

Yesterday, at 83 MPH, I received my first speeding ticket thus joining the ranks of millions of ticketed Americans.

Le sigh.


I calmed myself with a bag of Haribo Gold-Bears. Delicious.

My family was so sweet, letting me know that is wasn't too big a deal. And really, for all the driving (and speeding) I've done, it's been a long time coming. :-)

Sean surprised me with just what a girl with her first speeding ticket needs...


STEAK. He makes the most delicious steak. So juicy, with bits of crispy goodness.

It's all good. But for the next two years, I'm going to be one of those weirdos in the right lane going 60 MPH, poking along. At least I'll be getting better gas mileage!

In other news... yesterday was our lab's celebration for those graduating! Our lab is about to be half the size it was this year. Our awesome people are going on to really cool jobs. It makes me excited and nervous for the future. But mostly I'm just going to miss everyone.

My thesis is in good/ok shape. In just a week and two days, it will be to my committee! That's good news!

And tomorrow, I am heading to Yosemite to set up camp, relax away from everything, and eat delicious camping food. Sean and I tested out our new air mattress and sleeping bags last night. It's going to be so fun! Yay for summer!

2 remarks:

Emily said...

Happy camping! I am jealous - I desperately NEED a vacation!

Cindy said...

I blame the great music! It is hard not to speed when listening to great music. Next time listen to Peter, Paul & Mary sing "If you miss the train I am on, you will know that I am gone. You can hear the whistle blow 500 miles." That song will slow you down every time. You just might need to pull over for drowsy driving.