20090212

Beyond Uptown Girl



Dear Blogosphere,

This post isn't to attack the popularity of Billy Joels' singles, but Billy Joel is soooooo much more than Uptown Girl or The Longest Time. Here are some songs I recommend you check out.

-Roberta (Streetlife Serenade, my soprano saxophone was named after this song)
-Summer, Highland Falls (Turnstiles)
-Shades of Grey (River of Dreams)
-Invention in C Minor, Op. 6 (Fantasies & Delusions)
-Stop in Nevada (Piano Man)
-Miami 2017 (Seen The Lights Go Out On Broadway) (Turnstiles)
-Big Man on Mulberry Street (The Bridge)
-In a Sentimental Mood (on A League of Their Own ST or My Lives)
-Waltz #1, Op. 2, "Nunley's Carousel" (Fantasies & Delusions)
-Zanzibar (52nd Street or, for my favorite unfaded version, My Lives)
-Prelude/Angry Young Man (Turnstiles)
-The Stranger (The Stranger)
-Stiletto (52nd Street)
-Somewhere Along the Line (Piano Man)
-The End of the World (My Lives -- unfortunately there is only a demo of this song)

Now, for a statistics comic:



Amazing. Just amazing.

Love,
Natalie

0 remarks: