20090226

Candied Walnuts, Housing Market, & Other Fun Filled Things

Dear Blogosphere,

The graduate group at UC Davis is not only paying for my hotel room and food, but being so kind as to check all of the menus for gluten and ordering me special meals if necessary. Someone coordinating the visit emailed me asking me if candied walnuts were an issue, as a caterer inquired. I thought, "No... but since the caterer asked, maybe I should do a little research." Indeed, they are glutenous. It is easy to make candied nuts without wheat starch, but commercial candied nuts are not safe. Wacky, eh?

So, Taylor called today letting us know that our old house by the Country Club was on KSL. It is a little weird to see my childhood home on the news. Here's the story:

Video Courtesy of KSL.com


As far as music goes, I highly recommend that you check out The Dana Owens Album by Queen Latifah. She parted ways with hip-hop for this album. It is strictly jazz. Her voice is so beautiful.

Have a fabulous week! I am so excited to be in Davis in a week. Ah!

Love,
Natalie

1 remarks:

Heather said...

I am so glad you left a comment on my blog so that I could find your blog. We should really start that mutual-appreciation society.