20110815

Little Honda

I GOT A CAR THIS WEEKEND!

Now that's out there, some mood music for this occasion...


(Just pretend it's about a car, and not a motorbike. ;-))

I woke up Friday morning prepared to face my fear of car dealers, dealerships, and all their tricks. I was determined. I was going to cow town (Vacaville). So, I rented my last ZipCar.

A 2010 Honda Civic...
I test drove the little Honda and put on my tough, serious facade, and, with the huge help of my dad, bought it!

My keys!
Of course, I had the rental car and no way to drive the car home, but they offered to follow me back to Davis. So my ZipCar Civic was followed by my Civic, and followed by another Civic. It was pretty sweet.

I drove it, oh-so-carefully home...

In its snug parking space.
Later, I took it out for its first trip! I drove out to Woodland, stopping by a cornfield to take some scenic photos.




Isn't it awesome?!?!?!?! I am pleased as punch. Here's the interior...





It's exactly what I wanted. I love the feel of the car, it gets decent gas mileage, and I'm a fan of the killer air conditioning and, let's face it, sound system. But my favorite thing is being able to go exactly where I need to go, whenever I need to, and without worrying about dropping it off anywhere at a particular time. Having a car makes life SO much easier. I've enjoyed my couple of years being a pedestrian and public transit enthusiast but I really like the whole American independent adulthood thing. Ah, cars.

If you're ever in NorCal, let me know! I might just take you for a spin! :-)

4 remarks:

Sean de Guzman said...

Awesome! Congrats on the new car. I was so honored to be your first passenger. Now we can wash it and take cool car pictures!

Cindy said...

It is beautiful!

Salt Lake Sugar said...

Shiny! :)

Emily said...

Your car is awesome! I can't wait to take a ride in it! I am sure you are going to go on lots of fun road trips in this vehicle!