20110424

Stuffed Bell Peppers - The Eat In Challenge

Dear Blogosphere,

I have a problem. I eat at restaurants too frequently. And I forget how much I like cooking. I also have lots of tasty things in my pantry which want to be dinner. Hence, I'm challenging myself to a week of eating in. Tonight on the menu:

Stuffed bell peppers with vodka sauce 
(a modified version of the best thing ever)

* 2 red, orange, or yellow bell peppers
* 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice 
* 4 ounces precooked frozen ground chicken
* 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach
* 1/2 sweet onion, finely chopped
* 1 jar vodka sauce (I used Trader Joe's Organic)
* 1 ounce mozzarella 
* Salt and pepper to taste


Start at the beginning and when you come to the end... stop.

Preheat oven to 400*F. Start by cooking salted onions over medium high heat in a large frying pan sprayed with PAM. Cook until almost translucent. Add chicken. Cook until heated through. Add about 1 1/2 cups of vodka sauce. Make it bubble. Add frozen spinach and cooked brown rice. Mix it up.


Cut the tops off the peppers, seed and take out those bitter ribs. Place the peppers in some sort of bakeware that can withstand the high heat of a 400*F oven. Fill the peppers with rice mixture. You'll have left over rice. Eat that while these cook. :-) Top the rice with the mozzarella.


Pour the rest of the vodka sauce into the bottom of the casserole, or what-have-you. Put the tops on the bell peppers and toss those suckers in your oven! Keep 'em cookin' until the peppers have softened.


Oh baby. Am I right? Am I right?


I believe I am.

1 remarks:

Caitlin said...

You are right.