20091230

Written Wednesday - 40 Things in December

(I stole this from a writing prompt website... lets see how I do...)

  1. Finished my first quarter of grad school.
  2. Met Kevin and John.
  3. Got to know Sarah better.
  4. Ate at Tercero Dining Commons -- gluten-free options!
  5. Wrote cards, made mix cds, and picked two pictures to print out for friends.
  6. Wrote two papers.
  7. Wrote part of one paper in the UC Berkeley library.
  8. Ate a LOT of gf pizza.
  9. Got my second dental crown.
  10. Celebrated Christmas three days early with my siblings, mom, and my new-to-the family brother-in-law, Taylor.
  11. Went to a missionary homecoming.
  12. Reconnected with Vanessa, Julie, and Melissa.
  13. Watched several documentaries on Netflix.
  14. Became homesick for Davis (a very strange feeling!)
  15. Saw the Fantastic Mr. Fox a second time with my younger sister and dad.
  16. Researched GPSes, talked Santa into getting it for me, and was totally happy with the gift!
  17. Wore a skirt and high heels in freezing Utah weather.
  18. Stayed up until 4 AM watching Always Sunny with Khrystine.
  19. Shoveled snow.
  20. Went Christmas shopping in Berkeley and Salt Lake.
  21. Thought about my friend, Natalie, on her birthday. She is far away in Switzerland!
  22. Laughed really hard while watching videos online with Caitlin. There is a definite deep bond between us now...
  23. Had many deep, philosophical discussions with quite a few people.
  24. Played a great game called Balderdash! Lost each time, as I am really bad at bluffing (happily so).
  25. Made celebratory Bloody Marys for my new friend, Kevin, on his 21st birthday.
  26. Got a sketchy message on OkCupid! from Arie... haha.
  27. Ate some delicious new cheeses.
  28. Rediscovered the early 1990s Mickey Mouse Club.
  29. Came to the realization that I'm not afraid of physically having a baby... unless she/he comes via c-section.
  30. Flew to Salt Lake from Sacramento.
  31. Ate a steak tostada from Cafe Rio -- my new favorite item.
  32. Made lots of Jell-O. Mormon-style!
  33. Received a nice Christmas present from UC Davis (read: $)
  34. Played Christmas tunes on our baby grand.
  35. Cuddled with my favorite floppy-eared and fluffy bunny rabbit.
  36. Received one of the nicest emails ever from one of my professors.
  37. Drank an actual corn-syrupy Dr. Pepper out of desperation for sugar and caffeine.
  38. Explained on several occasions that, yes, California has economic problems but it's still the best state in the union.
  39. Watched the Hunchback of Notre Dame with my younger sister who explained to me all the gothic architecture (she's a smarty pants!)
  40. Enjoyed the company of my immediate and extended family on Christmas Day.

0 remarks: