20120307

Vancouver: Day 2

Hello from chilly Vancouver! It's been a wonderful day of shopping and pre-conferencing.

I feel so far away from my Find My Friends friends!
I woke up this morning, ate breakfast, and explored the waterfront...


Beautiful and grey.
A view of a few, cool high rises!
Then I went shopping. I went to two of my favorite stores on Robson Street.


Roots!
I made it out alive, with money in my pocket!
And I loved the ivy covered walls...


Here is my loot!

A Vancouver Canucks scarf, a Roots t-shirt for Sean, a maple leaf shot glass,
a puck for Scott, and a Roots shirt (Eat Sleep Hockey) for me!
Souvenir shopping. Check! Then it was off to the conference center...

A pixelated dolphin statue!
Coal Harbour looking down to the conference center.
The conference center! Cool, eh?

Inside, I got this!


The pre-conference was wonderful. Lots of interesting talks about the future of romantic relationship research and a fun "speed-dating" event, where my elevator speech came in handy! I talked with lots of cool grad students and faculty. I was disappointed however that almost all the research presented was about heterosexual dating... 

Anyway, it was a great day! I'm excited for the rest of the conference.

And it's so wonderful to end my day with the magic of Skype to chat with my love!
/end cheesiness.

2 remarks:

Emily said...

Thanks for the update! Happy conference!

sarah said...

love your face in the skype pic. hehe.

hugs,
sarah.