20100704

America, my home sweet home

(My grandpa in North Africa, fighting for the Allies in WWII)

Happy Independence Day!

I am so grateful to be a citizen of the United States. My younger sister shared ten things with me that she loves about the US. I thought I'd share a few things that I am grateful for:

  • The veterans and service women and men, like my Grandpa Hap, who have and are fighting for our wonderful Nation.
  • My public education from Rosslyn Heights Elementary to the University of California at Davis.
  • A President and Congress who support research. I am especially thankful for the end to the federal funding ban on stem cell research.
  • And, finally, a government that adapts (though somewhat slowly at times) to social and cultural change.
Happy Fourth!

-Natalie

1 remarks:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this great photo on the Fourth of July. We really do live in a great country.