20100718

Closer to You - Song.a.Day

It's hard to let the miles pass me by
Yellow lines that blend together in my eyes
And when the seasons change again
Then I will too
But I just want to be closer to you

I'm staring out at endless rows of green
There are miles of hay like I've never seen
Just when you think you've had enough
Your dreams come true
I just want to be closer to you...

...Someday we might learn to tell the truth
We might even find the fountains of our youth
We all needed something real
We all need proof
But I just want to be closer to you

I only want to be closer to you.

-Closer to You by Brandi Carlile
This song reminds me of summer. In fact, summer '08 when I took a handful of classes at the University of Utah. I would roll down the windows in my classic 1995 Saturn to conserve gas (that was the expensive summer -- $4/gallon) when I drove to campus. When Closer to You came up on my summer playlist, I'd crank it up and sing along.

Good times.

1 remarks:

Kayla said...

Ooh I love Brandi Carlile! Thanks for posting that, I'ma go listen to it.