20100723

iPod Touch Applications - .FIVE.

I've enjoyed reading others' blogs about their favorite iPod Touch, iPhone, and iPad applications... I thought I'd join in the fun and share FIVE of my favorites. In no particular order:
  1. Betty Crocker Cookbook - Free - This is an amazing eCookbook. You can search for recipes by type or by ingredients. So, if you're like me and magically end up to your ears in zucchini, tomatoes, and a need for inspiration, Betty won't let you down. And it's free. So why not?!
  2. is that GLUTEN FREE? - $5.99 - A shopping guide for us celiacs, gluten-intolerants, and other glutenphobes. It's easy to use and the main plus is that it is updated all the time. The problem with paper-based shopping guides is that food producers and manufacturers change their ingredients frequently so shopping guides can quickly become out of date. This one keeps up with the times!
  3. Words with Friends - $0.99 - A great Scrabble game! Add friends by user name and get Scrabblin'.
  4. BGluMon - $1.99 - I've tried a couple of glucose monitoring applications and this one if my favorite. It has a nice graph showing what your blood sugars have been up to for the past day. It gives you instant stats and the hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia ranges are customizable. It makes the tedious work of glucose monitoring a little more like a game.
  5. Savage Love - $1.99 - Dan's sage advice in my pocket? Yes please. This application includes the Question of the Day, the Savage Lovecast, Dan's YouTube videos and, of course, the advice column. It's for mature, open-minded, and difficult to offend audiences only. (Reading Dan's column for a couple of years was great prep for me to TA Human Sexuality.)
There's my five! Do you have any recommendations for applications for any or all platforms?

0 remarks: