20100720

Closer to You - Song.a.Day

How soft a whisper can get
When you're walking through a crowded space
I hear every word being said
I remember that everyday
I get a little bit closer to you

How long an hour can take
When you're staring into open space
When I feel I'm slipping further away
I remember that everyday
I get a little bit closer to you

These are the days that I won't get back
I won't hear you cry or hear you laugh
When it's quiet and I don't hear a thing
Well, I can always hear you

You know there's no where else I wanted to be
Than be there when you needed me
I'm sorry too but don't give up on me
And just remember that when you were asleep
I got a little bit closer to you

-Closer to You by The Wallflowers
This song is gorgeous orchestrally. I like the soft piano and strings. And Jakob Dylan's voice is no doubt ear candy.

But there is no denying that this song belongs on a scary stalker and/or obsessed significant other playlist, with The Police's Every Breath You Take, The Beatles' Run for Your Life, and Tommy Tutone's Jenny (867-5309).

Just sayin'!

(Brandi Carlile's Closer to You seems a bit more consensual.)

0 remarks: