20101027

wine and whine

I'm all warm and fuzzy inside. I have a few rules that I live by and I've broken one of them tonight: drinking alone. But this week has been rough and I've decided to take tonight off to retain some sanity. And if I post while I sip, it's not really drinking alone. The whole blogosphere is here!

There's a lot on my mind, so I'm not sure if I should do a serious post or a non-serious post. I think I'm going to go non-serious and talk about stuff that bothers me. I don't like that part in that John Mayer song where he says that "you" (his ex-girlfriend) could tell the difference between Miles Davis and John Coltrane but his new artsy girlfriend can't. Who can't tell the difference between Davis and Coltrane? That's outrageous.

I don't like it when couples (probably the girlfriend/wife) start couple blogs and both husband and wife are listed as contributors or who-have-you and the husband never posts (sorry for the heteronormativity). If you're going to have a couple blog, I want to hear from him, too. I can only think of one couple blog where both husband and wife post: The Travels of 2.

I get irritated when people automatically think I'm naive because I'm from Utah. I get even more irritated when I realize that those people might be right.

It bothers me when people don't specify the type of diabetes they're talking about. It really bothers me when they don't specify in the developmental literature.

I don't like it when people hate on Justin Bieber because he "sounds like a girl." What's wrong with sounding like a girl? And so what if his voice hasn't dropped yet.

It bothers me when parents confuse their issues with sexuality with "protecting" their children. Like that Katy Perry and Elmo skit that got pulled. There are far worse things for children to see than a little cleavage (e.g., Elmo).

There you go. Now I'm going to take these warm fuzzies to bed.

0 remarks: