20101222

treats galore and xkcd

Santa cupcakes for Ali's yearbook party!
Lots of delicious things around here, blogosphere! I left the kitchen while my sister and mom made and decorated the above cupcakes -- cute and I'm sure scrumptious -- on account of the presence of flour. Last night I made Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chex Mix for her Spanish class party. Ha ha, so good. But it's really difficult for a Chex Mix to go wrong.

Tonight, I made Tyler Florence's Chicken Enchiladas for dinner. I've made them before but this time they were WAY spicier... I thought extra green chiles would be good and not too spicy. Not wise move! Fortunately, it's nothing a little extra sour cream can't cure. Heh heh. Anyway, it's a great recipe.

I've really enjoyed being able to cook again. Living alone, I can cook but I can't really make soups and casseroles because I can never finish them before they become something of a science experiment in my fridge. I also can't cook anything with raw meat as I can't bring myself to touch it (at some point, I really need to tackle this fear). Plus, cooking is much more enjoyable when others are around to sample the fruit of my labor... and when someone else cleans up!

So, to switch topics completely, I've been catching up on xkcd tonight. Lots of great ones. Here are a few that tickled my funny bone (click to make them larger):

Similes, metaphors, and analogies:


Great idea:


Everybody needs to have some standards:


Depth-first searches:


Aww:


0 remarks: