20100924

five albums I can't get enough of


1. Donde estan los ladrones? by Shakira
I listened to this while grading all those papers a few weeks ago. My favorites are: Moscas En La Casa; Donde Estan Los Ladrones?; Inevitable; y Que Vuelvas
2. Fantasies and delusions by Billy Joel, performed by Richard Joo
One of my favorites to listen to while studying or relaxing. Favorites: Air, Op. 10, "Dublinesque"; Invention in C Minor, Op. 6 (I love inventions... those were my favorite things to play way bach when); Suite, Op. 8, "Star-Crossed", all three movements; and Waltz #1, Op. 2, "Nunley's Carousel"
3. Cradlesong by Rob Thomas
The newest Rob Thomas (as far as I'm aware) album. All the songs flow really well together. My favorites are: Mockingbird; Getting Late; Cradlesong; and Her Diamonds
4. The Dana Owens album by Queen Latifah
Queen Latifah sings some jazz standards and other great songs. My favorites: Moody's Mood for Love; Mercy, Mercy, Mercy (compare with Cannonball Adderley's version); Hello Stranger (love the organ... makes me laugh); and Baby, Get Lost
5. Teaser and the Firecat by Cat Stevens
My favorite Cat album... I think. Don't hold me to it. Here are my favorites: How Can I Tell You (possibly the best love song ever); The Wind; Bitterblue; and Peace Train

0 remarks: