20110312

I could say that I'll always be here for you...

but that would be a lie and quite a pointless thing to do.

What are you eating tonight? This is on my plate:

Tasty.
Yellow rice is one of my favorite comfort foods. It's not particularly difficult to make from scratch, but I do use a box (Zatarain's) as it's that much easier and still very delicious. I can focus on the vegetables and sausage portion of the meal!

To cook the veg, pour about 2 tbsp or so of olive oil into a pan and heat, heat it up. Add half an onion, thinly sliced, and cook until they start to get translucent. Then add some cooked broccoli, sliced red bell pepper, and sliced chicken sausage (I used Saag's Fennel and Asiago). Once things are looking pretty well cooked, add in a sliced+salted tomato and let everything steam for a few minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.

Easy.


I'm on a bit of a Lily kick.

3 remarks:

Emily said...

Mmmm! Looks delicious. I can almost smell it through the internet!

Caitlin said...

Tonight I will be making my favorite Turkey Enchilada Casserole. I've been making it A LOT lately.

Em said...

Your food always looks scrumptious! I want some! Let's have a cooking extravaganza!