20110325

Just an old sweet song...

Keeps Georgia on my mind.

Hello from Salt Lake City! I'm extraordinarily exhausted and I've still got some work to do on my poster for Montreal. Eep. Anyway, last night I went out to dinner with a few of the grad students at Auburn. I had a lot of fun. I feel like I have two great options on the table. I don't think I can really go wrong. More thoughts in a few...

Then today, I woke up early with the plan to check out Atlanta a bit. In particular, The World of Coca-Cola. I got up around 8 and the charming (and incredibly, ridiculously attractive) nephew of the B&B owner made me grits, along with super salty ham which is a staple around here, and good old kartoffels. The grits were interesting. They were fine, I'd eat them again, but I don't know that I'd request them. Just a weird texture. Especially in the morning.

After breakfast, I headed to Atlanta and...

I went here.

Tried about 32 foreign Coke products. All of the above were tasty! There was one from Italy that was... yikes. It was the worst by far.

Then I headed to the airport and bought myself a well-deserved margarita. HUGE. Mmm.

The flight over Utah was quite lovely!

Drama!
Now I'm at home! My favorite place to be. I had a nice time thinking about Auburn vs. UC Davis on the plane and I think I've made my decision. Going to let it sit overnight, maybe even longer, of course, as decisions are best when aged. I think it's going to be awesome.

Side note: Do you ever check out Google Lab's stuff for Gmail? Well, there's this neat option to undo a sent email. It's a button that lasts for about ten seconds, just giving you the opportunity to change your mind. Anyway, last night I sent an email. And those ten seconds were the slowest of my life. And when it disappeared... relief. I'm the happiest I've been in 2011. :-)

2 remarks:

Caitlin said...

So excited to see you! Which Coke product was your favorite?

The Damsel said...

Gorgeous pictures. I have to say that is the prettiest margarita I have ever seen. And I love Google Labs!