20100115

Fantasy Friday - No Plans!

Dear Bee-logosphere,

A few people have asked me what I'm doing with my long weekend. I don't know... and it's Friday, so I ought to have a plan. I am thinking about going to San Francisco tomorrow but San Francisco isn't very much fun without my sisters and I don't want to spend any money... get Natalie anywhere near an H&M, Sephora, Tiffany's, or Nordstrom and all bets are off. Somewhere, some money will be spent. Money that she definitely shouldn't spend. Well, also Stephanie and I are planning at trip to SF next month to check out a fantastic piano bar. So, I think I will hold off.

So, I am going to spend this weekend kicking back and *maybe* getting ahead in my classes. Emphasis on maybe... haha, there is just something about deadlines and me! We love each other. We like to get as close as possible.

I suppose I'll update the blogosphere on stuff and Davis...

I've been back in Davis for a whole two weeks now, and my body has finally adjusted back to the carless Davis lifestyle! I've done quite a bit of walking and found my new favorite walking spot: the arboretum. It is so peaceful and quiet - I can hear my thoughts! I can't wait to see the arboretum in the spring. Gorgeous. But always on my walks I run into a plant that we used to grow in our kitchen or a fruit tree. A few days ago I walked past a little spinach patch. Mmm, I think I'll just snip a little here and there!

Speaking of lettuce, if you were wondering what the Farmer's Market is like during the winter, lettuces seem to take over. I bought some arugula last week... so tasty. There are also loads of oranges and clementines (California, the home of the cutie), dried fruits, nuts, and winter squash. But no zucchini or bell peppers to be found. I am so happy that the farmer's market continues during the winter! It's marvelous.

One of my favorite things about Davis is the trains. Sometimes at night I can hear them in the distance.

Well, that's about it for Fantasy Friday. I hope you, my dear reader, have a great weekend! Do something out of the ordinary!!

0 remarks: