20100106

Tasty Tuesday - Double-Yolk Eggs and Such

Dear Blogosphere,

Happy Tasty Tuesday... a little late! Ha ha. I have eaten a couple of marvelous things since I've been back... let me share.

At the Farmer's Market, I decide to give in and buy some eggs. They were from free range chickens, which is cool by me, brown... organic, etc. But when I asked for a half-dozen large eggs, the woman asked me a marvelous question: "single or double yolk?" I didn't know... what to say. You see, I'm a city girl, unaware of things like double-yolk eggs. So she recommended half and half. When I cracked one of the double-yolk eggs I was pretty thrilled to see two small-ish yolks. I'm easily excited. I made myself a plain omelette with one double-yolk egg and one single-yolk egg and it was of course very, very delicious.

The other tasty thing I made was fried polenta with pesto and garlic. It was the store bought kind, basil and garlic flavored. I fried 1/2" slices of the polenta for quite a while until both sides were crispy and brown then threw fresh minced garlic in the pan and spread pesto on top of each round. Cooked it until the garlic was absolutely amazingly fragrant, and subsequently sprinkled parmesan on top. Yummmmmmmmmmmmm.

As I have made it through my first week of my second quarter of grad school, I'm treating myself to In-n-Out for dinner then a little browsing at my local Borders.

...Then I shall return for some Endnote-figuring-out-stuffness...

0 remarks: