20100130

Thankful Thursday + Fantasy Friday + Snapshot Saturday

Um, so this is the weekend before midterms which really means I shouldn't be hanging out on the internet doing things. I've sort of had a lack of ideas about anything besides interpreting regression coefficients... so I am just going to let this weekend slide on by... though I'm not thrill to do so. Oh, well, such is life.

However, to somewhat cover Fantasy Friday and Snapshot Saturday, I have a plan with pictures. The tenant above me does a lot of drawer closing and door slamming (with pocket doors? I am perplexed) as late as 3:30 AM and as early as 9:30 AM. It would be fine if it was one of these two extremes. But I require at least 8 hours of sleep to be human. So I searched for ways to muffle sound from above. Most were for condos where people can install second ceilings and such. Obviously, I can't do that. But another option is to drape fabric across the ceiling...
While I am not sure how well that would work, I love the design idea. I have a large piece of fabric above my couch effectively imitating art and distracting from the bland walls. But what if I got an even bigger piece of fabric and drape it across my ceiling all the way to the other side of my apartment? I think it would look so, so cool. I already have two fabric ideas picked out:
This one is the what I currently have above my sofa.
Another idea...

So this project is going to take some thought and most definitely another person, but I think it will look really cool... and maybe make my apartment a little more peaceful.

I hope to have enough time to blog tomorrow, but if not, I will blog again Wednesday night or Thursday when midterms will officially be OVER! Wahoo!

0 remarks: