20101114

happy(?) world diabetes day!

November 14 is World Diabetes Day.

I had a plan to write something thoughtful and possibly thought-provoking about life and growth with type 1. And I don't have enough time... instead, I'll share a few great resources you can check out if you're interested!

BASICS ABOUT DIABETES
A brief overview of all types of diabetes.

THE DIABETES DICTIONARY
I use this quite often when I'm reading biomedical research about T1D. It has pretty much everything in it.

CELEBRITIES WITH THE 'BETES
Short slideshow of a few celebrities with type 1, 2, and gestational diabetes.

DIABETIC ROCKSTAR
This is my favorite website for all 'betes related things. I love the motto: "Diabetes isn't a death sentence--Life is a death sentence. Stop with the excuses: Start living, or start dying, the choice is yours." It has great resources and forums for emerging adults like myself. Unlike most support groups/websites, it leaves me feeling empowered.

0 remarks: