20101102

official ballot


My first huge California ballot! It's an exciting election! There were a couple of things that I didn't vote on. If I don't know who someone is, implications of a prop, etc, I leave it blank. There were quite a few of those...

I really like that California has paper ballots few reasons. One, it feels so official and empowering! Two, you can't just click "Republican" or "Democrat" or "Insert Third Party Here" like you can, at least, in Utah. You actually have to read the ballot here and, even if you vote straight on one party or another, you have to physically choose them.

Awesome opossum!

1 remarks:

Emily said...

Awesome! I agree - being able to vote straight party perpetuates the problems of people not really knowing the candidates or the issues! I love the CA ballot!